Kings County Office of Education understands the occasional need to cancel or reschedule an IVC program. If a participant must cancel or reschedule we ask that you send notification in writing via email five working days prior to the program. If notice is not provided within five working days, districts will forfeit the funds associated with the scheduled program.
Providing KCOE with advanced notice allows us to ensure that the available date and time is offered to other school sites so that it does not go unused. It is our goal through the implementation of this policy to fully take advantage of the dates and times provided by Sequoia & Kings Canyon National Parks, U.S. Army Corps of Engineers and Kings Art Center.
The site will:
- Have an audience for the time and date of the scheduled session and coordinate with teachers, technicians, and other parties prior to submitting the request.
- Check the school calendar for holidays, professional development days, and testing dates to avoid potential conflicts.
- Perform a test call to ensure a successful connection can be made.
- A test call must be completed 10 working days prior to the date of the program.
- If a test call has not been completed and the school site is unable to connect on the designated date and time they will forfeit the funds associated with the scheduled program and will not be allowed to reschedule.
- If a successful test call has been completed and the school site is unable to connect on the designated date and time they will be given the opportunity to reschedule.
- The school has the right to cancel or reschedule any program the day of the test call if a successful connection cannot be made
- Successfully connect to the KCOE studio at least 5 minutes prior to the scheduled start time utilizing the zoom link from the ScheduleOnce confirmation email.