Book Your Excursion
- Fully Booked for 2023-24. Email me about 2024-25!
- Admission is FREE for all students.
- Mileage is REIMBURSED for Kings County and may be available for outside counties.
- Grades K-8 have UNIQUE, grade-level appropriate, NGSS-aligned activities. High School has a program split by science domains.
- Open Monday - Friday from 9:00am - 1:00pm. Flexible timing is available.
- For non-educational use, please contact the County of Kings Parks & Grounds Department.
Staff and Student Visitor Expectations
- Visiting staff and students who attend the Burris Park Outdoor Education program are to adhere to the professional and behavioral expectations set by their school.
- Visiting staff are to remain with students.
- If there is a student who would benefit from constant adult proximity, bring a chaperone or a staff member to remain with them.
- Students will conduct themselves in a safe, polite, and positive way to engage in learning. Failure to do so may result in the termination of the trip.
- Visiting staff will monitor and assist students in maintaining appropriate behavior expectations.
Field Trip Expectations
- Gates do not open until 8:50.
- 3 classes, or approximately 90 students of the same grade per trip is recommended.
- A sample itinerary and lesson summaries can be found here. The itinerary is in the "General Information" and "Burris Park Application" documents. The High School curriculum is being piloted this year and not currently listed.
- Groups consisting of multiple grade levels in the same group will not receive a unique experience for each grade level; the activities will be chosen by BPOE staff.
- Contact Laura.Lutz@kingscoe.org for special events such as field days, intersessional trips, club trips, weekend trips, or to develop a unique excursion to meet your school needs.
- Wear clothes that can get dirty.
- Wear close-toed shoes that can get wet. Crocs and sandals are not recommended.
- Check the weather and bring appropriate layers and sun protection.
- Water fountains are available, but you may bring water bottles.
- Refer to your district policy for mask use.
- The entrance is on Clinton Ave, not Burris Park Dr and is next to Fire Station 1.
- 6500 Clinton Ave Kingsburg CA 93631
Burris Park Outdoor Education Site Leader