Book Your Excursion
- Burris Park is FULLY BOOKED and no longer accepting reservations for 2022-23.
- Click here to inquire about the 2023-24 school year.
- Admission is FREE for all students.
- Mileage is REIMBURSED for Kings County and may be available for outside counties.
- Grades K-8 have UNIQUE, grade-level appropriate, NGSS-aligned activities.
- Open Monday - Friday from 9:00am - 1:00pm for the Outdoor Education Program.
- For non-educational use, please contact the County of Kings Parks & Grounds Department.
Staff and Student Visitor Expectations
- "Staff" refers to any personnel brought by a visiting school site.
- Staff and students are expected to adhere to the professional and behavioral expectations set by their school sites.
- Staff are to remain with students.
- If there is a student who would benefit from constant adult proximity, bring a chaperone or a staff member to remain with them.
- Students will conduct themselves in a polite and positive way to engage in learning. Visiting staff will monitor and assist students in maintaining behavior expectations.
Field Trip Expectations
- 3 classes of the same grade per trip is the preference.
- If your group is larger than 3 classes, attendees will be split into 3 equal groups. Teachers will select who's class will be split prior to attending.
- Daily group sizes should be approximately 100 students to ensure a positive experience.
- Groups consisting of multiple grade levels in the same group will not receive a unique experience for each grade level; the science activity will be chosen by BPOE staff.
- Contact Laura.Lutz@kingscoe.org for special events such as field days, intersessional trips, club trips, weekend trips, or to develop a unique excursion to meet your school needs.
- Wear clothes that can get dirty.
- Wear close-toed shoes.
- Check the weather and bring appropriate layers and sun protection.
- Bring water bottles.
- Refer to your district policy for mask use.
- The entrance is on Clinton Ave, not Burris Park Dr and is next to Fire Station 1.
- 6500 Clinton Ave Kingsburg CA 93631
Naturalist, Outdoor Education Teacher