• Certificated Substitute 

    Minimum Requirements for Prospective Teacher Permit:

    1.  Official transcripts showing completion of a minimum of 90 semester units of course  work from a regionally-accredited college or university.  If a transcript shows units transferred from another institution, the letter verifying enrollment (see no. 2 below) must specify the number of units transferred that were accepted toward completion of a bachelor's degree.

    2.  Verification of current enrollment from a 4-year California accredited college/university.

    3.  Passed the CBEST test. (CBEST dates can be found on the CBEST site.


    Minimum Requirements for 30-Day Substitute Permit:
    1.  Official transcripts showing conferral of a bachelors degree or higher.
    2.  Taken and passed the CBEST test.

    In addition to completing a substitute application, there are other forms needed to complete your application in order to become active on the substitue list.  Please visit our location at 1144 W. Lacey Blvd. in Hanford, California, to pick up this important information.


    Classified Substitute

    The Kings County Office of Education maintains a county-wide classified substitute list. We have the following substitute classified positions:

    • Instructional Aides
    • Playground Supervisors
    • Specialized Health Care Nurse (LVN)
    • Educational Sign Language Interpreter
    • Clerical Staff
    • Maintenance
    • Custodian
    • Groundskeeper Worker
    • Cafeteria Worker
    • Bus Drivers

    If you are interested substituting in one or more of these positions, we have our Classified Substitute packet available in our lobby located at: 1144 W. Lacey Blvd., Hanford, CA 93230.

Substitute Resources