TUPE - Tobacco Use Prevention Education
The purpose of the TUPE program is to reduce youth tobacco use by helping students make healthful tobacco-related decisions through tobacco-specific, research-validated educational instruction and activities that build knowledge as well as social skills and youth development assets. Collaboration with community-based tobacco control programs is an integral part of program planning. The school, parents, and the larger community must be involved in the program so that students will be aware of a cohesive effort and concern for their health and, consequently, their ability to succeed in school.
The Kings County Office of Education provides technical assistance to school districts to develop and implement effective, comprehensive tobacco education programs.
- California Smokers' HelpLine: Free services for teens and adults, including self-help materials and one-on-one counseling. Services are available in multiple languages.
- English: 1-800-NO BUTTS (1-800-662-8887)
- Spanish: 1-800-45 NO FUME (1-800-456-6386)
- Chew Tobacco: 1-800-844-CHEW (1-800-844-2439)
- SmokeFree.gov Smart Phone Apps: NCI QuitPal, QuitSTART, QuitGuide
- Smokefree TXT Support for Teens: Text QUIT to iQuit (47848)
- NoVapes.Org: 1(844)8-No-Vape (1-844-866-8273) or chat online